|A.22 | Wednesday, 18 July 2007, 16:00 - 16:30, Room A1 |
|Interdisciplinary art theory in an atmosphere where five senses, related to the subject, are activated
|‘INTERDISCIPLINARY ART THEORY IN AN ATMOSPHERE WHERE FIVE SENSES, RELATED TO THE SUBJECT, ARE ACTIVATED’
1)TYPE OF THE PROJECT : ‘CHILD/YOUNG ART EDUCATION PROJECT’
2) NAME : “INTERDISCIPLINER ART THEORY IN AN ATMOSPHERE WHERE FIVE SENSES, RELATED TO THE SUBJECT, ARE ACTIVATED”
3) AIM : The aim is to reinforce learning (so that it becomes permanent longer) by making the subject perceptive and easily remembered with the help of five senses. Moreover; to try to bring the subject alive for the students with its (possible) all perceptive values by putting the complements of the subject : senses of smell, taste, feeling, sight and hearing together and also the performances such as drama, dance, sound, rhythm and body together.No matter, students’ type of intelligence, it is tried to make the teaching subjects easily remembered despite the passing of the time over teaching. The aim is to assist the students, without refusing their existence, so that they can use knowledge and behaviors to produce energy on their own if necessary, by developing the individual differences originated from their multiple intelligences.
4) TARGET AUDIENCE: Children of 9-11 age and young group of 12 – 14 ages.
5) CONTENT: INTERDISCIPLINER ART THEORY IN AN ATMOSPHERE WHERE FIVE SENSES, RELATED TO THE SUBJECT, ARE ACTIVATED(SIGHT, SMELL, HEAR, TASTE, FEEL / RHYTHM+ MUSIC + DANCE + DRAMA)It is a common truth known by everybody interested in education that every person has a different learning style according to his/her type of intelligence and interests. Because nobody has the same learning style, it should be aimed to be clearer and more memorable for all learners by using the alternative senses together, no matter their learning styles and type of intelligence.Human beings perceive through their organs of senses. The active perception of these senses during the adolescence period helps natural learning. Generally human beings learn through their organs of senses but from time to time, their efficiency may change. But this doesn’t mean they lose their potential or they can be no more efficient as before. It is thought that senses which exposed to appropriate stimulants addressed at a specific aim can be developed by getting rid of their weaknesses.To practice the teaching subject through alternative disciplines and make it perceptive by using five senses in the teaching environment and period is the aim of what has been mentioned up to now, that is ‘interdiscipliner art theory in an atmosphere where five senses, related to the subject, are activated’ theory.
6) PROCESS: In the first stage, the application period which is planned as four different workshop studies under the headings of “Kabartma ve Heykel” / Relief & Statue (Hittite Civilization), “Mozaik” / Mosaic (Byzantine Empire), “Çini” / Tiles, “Ebru” / Marbling (Selcuklu Empire & Ottoman Empire) is explained in this passage over the subject ‘Ebru / Marbling’ (Ottoman Empire). It will be possible to predict the other workshop studies over the pattern below.